6026 GERMANTOWN AVENUE, GERMANTOWN, PHILADELPHIA, PENNSYLVANIA
Also known as the Haines House or Hans Millan House, this historic mansion was built around 1690 and has served as the ancestral home to one Philadelphia family for nine generations until 1973. The house was occupied by British forces and was used as a field hospital during the American Revolution, later it served as a meeting place for influential American scientists, and the site of an early American brewery from 1794-1801. In 1824, the house was renovated by Greek revivalist architect, William Strickland. Today, the Wyck House is maintained and operated as a house museum.