HIGH STREET, TAUNTON, MASSACHUSETTS
Built in 1767 and stood in Taunton until 1930 before moving to Storrowton Village Museum. The home is an example of early colonial era craftsmanship with its hewn oak beams, hand-forged nails, hand-split laths, and hand-shaped bricks for the central fireplace. It is known to be owned by more than a dozen families. Today the building is being used as Storrowton’s administrative office and gift shop.